Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Weekend and RIBFEST!!!

Well, I had to say good-bye to my friends from home today which stunk, it was nice to see them. A few friends came up and hung out with me in Chicago. They picked a great weekend to come; it was crosstown (white sox v. cubs) and blues festival and rib fest. Friday night we went to Giordano's which you can never go wrong going there. The pizza was absolutely amazing!
We decided to go out to the bars in Wrigleyville, which was really ridiculous because of the games at Wrigley Field. I had a lot of fun hanging out and dancing really long into the night. I woke up nice and early and made pancakes for everyone and then went and shot the wedding. It was a lot of fun!
Today I woke up and went to Uncommon Grounds with my friends. New favorite brunch place? I think so!
After having to say good-bye to them, I walked the mile or so to Lincoln and partook in the Ribfest celebration. I have to say that it was one of the best days ever. An entire festival based around ribs... aka heaven. The best ribs I would say were Tores so I suggest going to get them!
While I thought the rain might put a damper on the day, everyone was fine with it. I got soaked by it but that did not stop me from devouring mass quantities of meat.. delicious meat!
My legs started to ache eventually though, so we decided to go into a bar and sit down. I got invited to play darts with this group of people. Who knew all the years of playing darts would pay off, I won 4 straight games and made a lot of older guys mad that I was pretty good at darts.
We left there and went and watched a friends boyfriend's band play at another bar on the street. They were awesome, and I really had a good time watching them play.
Eric and I had to hoof it home (the entire mile) in pouring down rain. I had forgot to use 3 of my tickets so on our way out one of the booths was tearing down. I walked up and asked if they had any extra ribs... they told me they could only give them to people working... I told them I had 3 tickets left.... So they gave me 2 full slabs of ribs for 3 tickets! It made the walk home much more fun.
It was over all an awesome weekend and an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment